egate materials used in construction.
Moves controls on panelboard or control board to control feeding, crushing, and sifting, machinery in sand and gravel plant.
Observes gauges, dials and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
Report any problems to the Operations Manager, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
Responsible for ensuring daily maintenance of plant is completed.
May repair machinery, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
Responsible for keeping plant clean.
Report all major maintenance problems to Lead-man or Plant Manager.
Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of the plant to further their abilities.
Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Valid Driver’s License or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class A or B, and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, https://i.e., DL/CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Able to operate front end loader and skid loader.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively direct others in the workplace.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge in electricity and mechanics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift move/carry 100 lbs. unassisted; occasionally exert forces of pushing/pulling of 100 lbs. unassisted.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Marion County Paving, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.