al Duties and Responsibilities**
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times as well as maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for a safe working environment, report any problems to the supervisor, dispatch, transportation manager, safety director or Human Resources.
- Ticket loads as required to meet customer demands and effectively utilize trucks/drivers
- Track trucks for the duration of the orders.
- Support drivers to successfully deliver their loads. Also communicate with drivers about conditions on job sites and opportunities at plant to clean trucks.
- When needed communicate effectively with the driver supervisor/foreman to report any coaching opportunities for drivers based on observations and data.
- Communicate effectively with customers before and during the order delivery
- Communicate with all departments to ensure that special delivery requirements are met; fiber, color, quality requirements etc
- Be the lead person to resolve issues that happen during delivery; quality issues with the load, delays, safety concerns etc
- Work with Quality Control and production to utilize returned concrete when appropriate
- Track all issues that impact customer service; truck breakdowns, driver attendance, weather, plant breakdowns etc
- Continually monitor the schedule and make quick decisions that will improve efficiency and customer service as opportunities present.
- Have a good phone manner and be professional in dealing with both internal and external parties
- Support the dispatch manager in setting the schedule by optimizing order settings, truck movements and order start times.
- Monitor scheduling calendars at all times and notify the team of any problems or concerns
- Review all directions to delivery addresses.
- Back up for customer service representatives when needed.
- Assist in generating dispatch and customer service reports
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent. – Ideally some College education with business, logistical or communication training
- Minimum of two years of customer service or dispatch experience is desirable, ideally with some building industry background.
- Must submit to a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
- Ability to analyze problems quickly and make good decisions.
- Excellent phone and communication skills.
- Competency with computer and keyboarding skills.
- Quick learner of new processes and IT systems
- Must be detail oriented and thorough in all job responsibilities.
- Able to handle pressure and stress while staying composed
- Must be able to demonstrate a good teamwork ethic.
- Must be able to communicate well with dispatch and other department employees
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Pennsy Supply, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.