Job ID: 485481
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the https://U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The role of the Product Manager is to optimize the hardscapes portfolio for the North Division including sku rationalization, new product introductions, and to serve as the liaison between the local needs and the national resources.
Customer Relationships - 20%
- Connect with key contractors and dealers to understand product gaps and opportunities. Work with the local Companies across production, marketing, finance and sales to understand the local dynamics and make recommendations to compete with product.
- Share best practices across regional peers to better understand proven wins and provide greater insights into trends, competitors, and sales drivers.
- Partner cross-functionally and solicit the VOC across multiple channels and tactics.
Product Introductions - 20%
- Manage the full product portfolio across wall, accessories, pavers, slabs, resale, and kits. Support both residential and commercial product launches and identify, prioritize, and fulfill localized product needs
- Partner with R&D and manage the Stage Gate process to bring new products to market; manage the process to ensure on-time seasonal launches from business case development to field installation
- Promote the adoption of accessories and resale to increase total portfolio and sales
SKU Rationalization and Portfolio Management - 20%
- Conduct annual Portfolio Reviews for final commitments on drops/adds; complement with quarterly business reviews to assess product performance and to proactively identify longer-term needs (work 18+ months out)
- Works cross-functionally to set an exit plan (or launch plan) that maximizes profits.
Financial Analysis, Tracking, and Reporting - 20%
- Utilize tableau and portfolio tools to track product performance and make recommendations for the portfolio overall
- Set metrics for success and track accordingly
- Expedite product adoption and grow the % of total sales with new product launches
- Influence the pricing based on the existing continuum and competitive landscape
Competitive Tracking - 10%
- Know the competitive landscape for hardscapes and like categories. Understand their product portfolio, manufacturing, pricing and color strategy. Assess their strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations to drive differentiation and a competitive advantage for Belgard.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Ability to travel 40% across the north region
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Preferred experience in the building materials industry
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels in the organization; strong presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.