atic and methodical systems to determine root causes.
- Take ownership in the implementation of the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and its integration into the plants organization in alignment with CIF.
- Support operations in the implementing of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Clarify plant needs regarding the technical expertise required for maintenance processes and request additional support from Corporate CIP when needed.
- Agree on mechanical audits to be performed in the Country with Corporate CIP and lead or support as needed to identify improvement areas and potential.
- Identify improvement opportunities to maximize equipment life cycle and efficiency.
- Support the planning, execution and supervision of complex jobs during major overhauls and provide appropriate information on equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Engineering in new projects and carry out design reviews on new and critical mechanical equipment to ensure maintainability.
- Advise operations in developing an optimal replacement strategy for the main mechanical equipment and identify and recommend critical spare parts and follow up implementation.
- Perform analysis to identify critical spare parts in order to optimize inventory and asset sharing.
- Cooperate with the local and regional purchasing team in optimizing sourcing of mechanical equipment and parts, materials and services.
- Roll out new preventive maintenance routine and techniques, train others, and monitor progress in alignment with the Ashgrove and CRH Best practices.
- Provide technical expertise in the fields of maintenance organization, preventive programs, inspection, planning, scheduling, and spare parts management.
- Provide assistance to plant in reaching plant objectives, and in optimizing maintenance costs in a sustainable manner.
- Monitor relevant KPI’s to ensure achievement of objectives and propose action plans in case of deviation.
- Provide experience back to the plant to enrich know how and share best practices in mechanical equipment expertise
- Support the development, design and execution of capital development projects
- Act as a cement process & production expert in developing, leading and participating in targeted training programs within the region.
Relationships with Others
- Works closely with Production, Process, Environment and Safety managers and their respective plant leadership teams
- Liaising with regional and global support teams.
- Plant employees including Plant Managers; Maintenance Managers, Inspectors, Planners and Supervisors; and Projects team
- Collaborate with members from other functions including Procurement, Project Management & Engineering, Learning & Development, Information technology Services, and Health & Safety
- Demonstrate teamwork, ensuring openness and respect for others, and welcome feedback.
Health and Safety
- Responsible to drive H&S performance, including exemplary housekeeping, robust adherence to standards and ensuring a strong positive H&S culture.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are thoroughly implemented, including safe work job planning.
- Drives committed and effective incident management through active participation in incident review, investigation, and corrective action creation.
- Promotes a culture of vigorous risk assessment, incident reporting and leading indicators, https://i.e., Near Misses, Risk assessment reviews and Field observation.
- In consultation with the Environmental team, ensures that operations are provided with the technical support in order to comply with all relevant requirements (https://e.g. Provincial regulatory, certificate, permit, etc.).
You Will Need:
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- 7 to 10 years plant maintenance position in a heavy industry, preferably in Cement operations
- Extensive experience implementing maintenance processes.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computerized maintenance systems (https://e.g. SAP), MS office/google suite applications, etc.
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance tools and techniques (Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Ultrasound, Infrared Analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques (Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Failure Analysis, etc.)
- Experience in the development and implementation of Maintenance programs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Planning and scheduling experience
- Budgeting and cost management experience
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with plant personnel.
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment (co-workers, suppliers, etc.)
- Well organized and systematic.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.