rmation pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donors’ questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
5 Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors and assists with reactions or notifies appropriate staff.
6 Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
7 Provides guidance and technical training about processes and procedures to donor floor and other staff as required.
8 Monitors donor flow on the donor floor to assure continuous turnover. Allocates resources to address donor backlog.
9 Performs calibrations and verifies that maintenance has been performed as outlined in SOPs. May respond to and resolve complex equipment alarms or donor issues.
10 Troubleshoots equipment failures, including creating incident documentation, removing and/or replacing equipment from service.
11 Responsible for changing supply lot numbers in the electronic donor information management system when new lot number is introduced into production.
12 Supports center management by providing input into staff scheduling, and resolves minor donor relations and technical procedure issues. Refers employee relations issues to center management team staff.
13 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in SOPs.
14 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
15 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
16 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
17 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
18 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
19 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 18 months experience in a medical or health care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Specialized medical or phlebotomy training preferred
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information.
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical, dental, and vision, prescription drug coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company. For more information on CSL Plasma benefits visit https://cslbenefits.com/cslp.
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
As a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at CSL.