at all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
5 Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors and assists with reactions or notifies appropriate staff.
6 Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
7 Required to perform calibrations and verify that maintenance has been performed as outlined in the SOPs. Required to respond to and resolve complex equipment alarms or donor issues.
8 Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
9 Monitors donor flow on the donor floor to assure continuous turnover. Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
10 May provide guidance and technical training about processes and procedures to donor floor staff and other staff as required.
11 Collects arm samples or whole blood samples from donors for testing.
12 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
13 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
14 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
15 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
16 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
17 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
18 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum eighteen (18) months experience in a medical or health care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Specialized medical or phlebotomy training preferred
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to complete routine forms or conduct routine oral communications
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical, dental, and vision, prescription drug coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company. For more information on CSL Plasma benefits visit https://cslbenefits.com/cslp.
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
As a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at CSL.