IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Assists in creating and managing the technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
- Delivers solution design, adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Assists in creating high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
- Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
- Participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
- Leverages re-usability of component designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solution.
- Ensures adherence to obtain efficiency in the build and deploy processes, leveraging automation where possible.
- Assists in the test strategy and execution of master test plan.
- Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community as well work instructions or 'runbooks' used for end-user support.
- Analyzes and revises existing systems and documentation to identify remediation or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
- Provides level 3 support for critical issues.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Solution Design - Creates and defines the solution design complete with instrumentation and measurement, using industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to synthesize diagrams, models and documentation in order to build a solution that meets buildability, business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Functional Fit Analysis - Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Modeling - Creates, designs and formulates models, diagrams and documentation using industry standards, tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Configuration - Configures, creates and tests a solution for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Data Modeling - Creates, writes and tests data models, test scripts and build scripts using industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Performance Tuning - Conceptualizes, analyzes and solves application, database and hardware problems using industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Solution Validation Testing - Validates a configuration item change or solution using the Function's defined best practices, including the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards, tools and metrics, to ensure that it works as designed and meets customer requirements.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. 3-5 years of experience.
- This position will serve as the enterprise IT Configuration Manager lead to drive the overall quality of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) data by ensuring configuration items and relationships are accurate and complete by confirming process adherence and data quality against documented standards.
Key requirements and responsibilities:
- 3 years' experience in Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) design, build and management of Assets, CI lifecycles, preferably using the Common Service Data Model (CSDM) and Discovery.
- Proficient with overall process and toolsets for effective IT configuration and asset management including ownership, population, maintenance and relationship of CI's in the CMDB.
- Proven experience managing a CMDB - preferably in ServiceNow or similar ITSM tools.
- Serve as the IT Configuration Manager responsible for ensuring timely consolidation of data from provisioning tools, discovery using ServiceNow discovery and Tanium to populate the CMDB.
- Design, implement, maintain and socialize detailed configuration management reports and dashboards to show overall health of the data in the CMDB for the IT infrastructure enterprise wide.
- Develop KPI's for configuration and asset management processes and track performance.
- Develop, maintain and communicate configuration standards, process, policies and procedures to maintain the CMDB health.
- Lead a team of CMDB administrators maintaining the CMDB.
- Research and remediate data quality issues and drive continuous improvement to fix gaps and streamline the processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standard or Best Practices within IT Asset and Configuration Management processes.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.)
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Corporate Office Building
Other Locations United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Oct 11, 2023, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Cummins Business Services
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Relocation Package Ineligible
Req ID: 230009J2