We are looking for a talented Cybersecurity -- Technical Specialist to join our team specializing in engineering for our Corporate/CBS Segment in Columbus, Indiana in a hybrid role.
Cybersecurity -- Technical Specialist (SPOC)
- As a Product Compliance & Regulatory Affairs (PC&RA) Technical Certification & Compliance (TC&C) Single Point of Contact (SPOC) of Cybersecurity -- Technical Specialist: you will be accountable and responsible for connecting with PC&RA Cybersecurity SME and Corporate Product Cybersecurity SME to understand Cybersecurity regulatory requirements and internal technical implementation. Connecting with program teams to manage Cybersecurity deliverables. Creating Cybersecurity certification plan. Creating Cybersecurity certification documents. Submitting Cybersecurity certification documents. General post-production change management/compliance activities (running change/reporting requirements). Certification Q/A with agency and OEMs. In addition, you will be accountable for: Cybersecurity system level review, Coordinate C-review for Cybersecurity, and Overall program Cybersecurity certification
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Investigates electronic application and systems problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results.
- Applies and improves electronic application and systems development processes and tools. Processes include system specification, modelling and simulation, calibration, Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and troubleshooting. Tools include Simulink, calibration tools, and PTC Integrity.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers control system designs, verified and calibrated software features and builds to product teams.
- Makes decisions in the areas of electronic systems design, requirements, calibration, and test that impact the quality and performance of calibrated subsystems and feature classes of electronic subsytems.
- Responsible for review of less-experienced developers/testers’ work to ensure robust, reusable, and efficient design.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
- Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
- Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
To be successful in this role you will need the following
- Design and Application of Mechatronics Systems - Specifies electronic hardware and interconnections that measure and control systems; applies electronic hardware and interconnections in Cummins' products.
- Machine Integration and Optimization - Combines various parts or sub-systems into a whole to achieve the output most desired by the customer; applies Cummins' installation requirements using our standard tools, processes and identified best practices to ensure optimization of performance, reliability, cost and quality; analyzes technical issues using proven problem-solving and troubleshooting techniques for rapid resolution.
- Product Function Modeling, Simulation and Analysis - Impacts product design decisions through the utilization and/or interpretation of computational tools and methods that predict the capability of a product's function relative to its system, sub-system and/or component level requirements.
- Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Product Verification and Validation Management - Develops product systems validation plans from a variety of inputs to identify failure modes, while managing product risk and relative priority; negotiates product requirements against capability to guide project scope; evaluates analytical, simulation and physical test results to verify product capability and validate requirements; assesses legacy versus proposed system solution capabilities and produces recommendations with technical documentation to support product decisions.
- System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
- Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
- Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or appropriate STEM field is required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
- Understanding of cybersecurity requirements (R155, R156, ISO 21434)
- Automotive industry experience
- Electronic controls background
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience, range: $96,000-$144,000. Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after considering relevant factors, including a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.