$5,000 Sign on Bonus!!
We are looking for a talented Diesel Technician to join our team specializing in engine repairs for our Distribution Business
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products and other customer equipment in a service shop.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines, including utilizing computers/software in the process of diagnostic work.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Ongoing training and additional certifications on new and existing Cummins products.
- Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
To be successful in this role the following is preferred:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III: Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
- The ability to obtain a CDL may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security
This position will require a completed DMV driving report but no Driver Qualification file. This position will be a part of the FTA pool
Cummins is a Fortune 150 global power technology leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, distributes and services engines and related technologies. Headquartered just outside Indianapolis in Columbus, Indiana, we believe in providing global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and make meaningful contributions. We work with today’s most innovative ...