FGB'ers gave this company a 4.2/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Cummins rated their manager’s support a 4.8/5
Annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
More than 150 employee resource groups (ERGs) worldwide provide opportunities for leadership training and professional development.
55% of Cummins’ Executive Team, made up of leaders guiding company strategy, is made up of women.
We are looking for a talented Director - Supply Chain for our New Power Business based in Mississauga, Canada.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Direct the supply chain strategy for one or multiple supply chain nodes or functions to create speed, dependability, and efficiency in our supply chains. Lead cross Business Unit and functional teams to ensure supply chain processes are consistent with organization’s goals.
• Manage and develop supply chain capability; work with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
Mentor and coach individual and collective talent to develop supply chain capability across the organization.
• Design, develop, and implement cross Business Unit, enterprise planning, materials, production, inventory, and logistics strategies for the supply chains.
• Champion continuous improvement projects that align with Cummins Operating System and Functional Excellence direction by leveraging common processes, tools and information systems.
• Partner with internal and external functional stakeholders to maintain strategic and critical supplier relationships. Ensure supply chains, intra-company and intercompany, meet all customer and business requirements.
• Align with internal business partners to garner support and advocacy of enterprise Supply Chain initiatives. Review Key Performance Indicators and operational trends to validate root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
• Intervene to address supply chain failures as necessary. Prepare and manage an annual operating plan including expense, resources, and capital.
• Set the aim for the organization and ensure individual work plans are consistent with supply chain initiatives.
Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Drives engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Drives vision and purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
Supply Chain Knowledge - Influences, with the ability to concisely explain and/or elaborate on, the multi-disciplined and end-to-end integration of the flow of information, products, and services to achieve the desired result for the end customer within the first-fit or aftermarket business segments while balancing the tensions of inventory, cost, and delivery.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
B.S or B.A in applicable field, MBA preferred
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Minimum of 10 years of experience required including leadership, strategic, financial, and functional in a similar role.
• Ensure manufacturing and supply chain capacity scale up will enable the growth of the business. Ensure capacity increase is in place for the fast-growing segments while pacing investment for the slower growing/less certain segments.
• Provide oversight to the new plant start up, capacity expansion and technology transfer projects (localization) ensuring common processes where appropriate, leverage, and cost optimization. Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Assess risks of global supply chain’s ability to support the scale up process. Put actions in place to mitigate the risks, including alternative supplier development, partnerships, and insourcing among other things.
• Set priorities for cross-site initiatives and improvement processes.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Cummins is a Fortune 150 global power technology leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, distributes and services engines and related technologies. Headquartered just outside Indianapolis in Columbus, Indiana, we believe in providing global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and make meaningful contributions. We work with today’s most innovative ...