Field Service Diesel Technician
$5,000 Sign on Bonus!!
We are looking for a talented Field Service Diesel Engine Technician to join our team specializing in engine repairs for our Distribution Business in Charlotte NC.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete repairs and rebuilds on engine products in the field
- Develop productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete repairs and schedule maintenance, including preparing required parts and tools
- Assist with completion required documentation, such as work completed documentation, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Complete training in line with skill and business requirements
- Ensure adherence to all meaningful Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
To be successful in this role the following is preferred:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location, primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III : Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
This position will require a Med-Card and we will also be required to complete a DMV driving report. CANDIDATE MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD.
- A current valid license is required for this role
- This role requires a 5 year motor vehicle report, free from major violations
- This role requires applicant to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- 3 years driving experience
- This role is subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) driving regulations including Hours of Service and Electronic Log Booking Device use
- Federal law requires a CDL holder to be 21 years of age or older, applicant must be 21 years of age.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-North Carolina-Charlotte-US, NC, Charlotte, Cummins Atlantic
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Technician
Job Posting Aug 23, 2023, 9:24:25 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Onsite
Relocation Package Eligible
Req ID: 230008J3