Field Service Technician
We are looking for a talented Field Service Diesel Engine Technician to join our team specializing in engine repairs for our Distribution Business.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete repairs and rebuilds on engine products in the field
- Develop productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete repairs and schedule maintenance, including preparing required parts and tools
- Assist with completion required documentation, such as work completed documentation, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Complete training in line with skill and business requirements
- Ensure adherence to all meaningful Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location, primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III : Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
- Locally valid driving permit
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Company Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check.
Primary Location Canada-British Columbia-Kootenay-Canada, BC, Sparwood, Cummins Western Canada 656
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Technician
Job Posting Feb 6, 2023, 9:36:33 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Req ID: 230000YQ