National Account Manager- U.S
We are looking for a talented National Account Manager to join our team specializing in Sales for our Cummins Filtration in Nashville, Tennessee, US. (Location Flexible but Texas Preferred)
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Effectively manages the relationship and business strategies for large, complex assigned accounts (cross-regional, global, etc.) to grow our share of the customer's wallet and achieve sales goals. Strengthens existing customer relationships and builds additional relationships within accounts.
- Develops, manages, and expands business relationships with assigned accounts, for example by understanding and using their industry terminology and understanding their business model and buying process.
- Identifies current and emerging customer needs. Develops and executes account strategies to grow share with existing accounts and supports new business opportunities.
- Gains agreement to the benefits of Cummins products and solutions by helping customers make sense of available data and information.
- Grows Cummins’ share of the customer’s business. Negotiates and implements contracts with accounts as authorized, for example by managing customer questions and managing escalations for accounts receivable and/or payment terms.
- Leads, manages and coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at all levels. Assures good communication, coordination and alignment across sales roles, supports cross-business account development strategies, and works with key internal stakeholders to achieve results.
- Achieves revenue and share goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
- Champions the voice of the customer within the business. Measures customer satisfaction and loyalty. Creates and/or implements projects intended to improve customer relationships, customer value, and grow the business with assigned accounts.
- Models (and manages, for direct reports) use of the Cummins Sales Process. Provides timely and accurate reports and forecasts on the assigned schedule, using Cummins tools and processes and Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Develops and executes account sales plans in support of business strategy. Develops growth or new business opportunities jointly with accounts and supports initiatives to increase customer value.
- Mentors, motivates, and develops less experienced sales and/or account team staff.
- If he/she has direct reports, conducts the following activities or ensures they are conducted by another manager: sets goals for their training and development, performance, and career planning and provides ongoing, consistent coaching and development. Delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs. Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Sense Making - Through a series of diagnostic and probing questions and research, develops and/or supports an intimate understanding of the customer needs, behaviors, and/or their buying journey. Synthesizes complex information from internal and external resources to deliver tailored solutions for the internal or external customer.
- Account Planning - Identifies objectives to drive execution of business and/or account strategy by reviewing the status relative to where it needs to be and enabling tracking of progress against targets.
- Adapts to target audience - Explains complex topics (significant technical data, subject matter expertise, etc.) in such a way that the target audience (e.g. sales professionals, customers, training vendors, etc.) can understand, retain, and use the information
- Developing Account Strategy - Determines current status of account in terms of relationship, financial, product competitiveness, barriers, quality, and service and defining desired future state by balancing customer requirements and business capabilities in order to define achievable targets aligned with the business strategy.
- Integrates Customer Perspective - Incorporates an understanding of the customers' perspective on our products and sales efforts to develop sales content that improves our ability to meet their needs and increase revenue.
- Sales Forecasting - Collects and assesses customer data from internal and external sources; compares against historical data to determine useful inputs and create a forecast of future consumption patterns.
- Sales Pipeline Management - Plans proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities; accordingly, as applicable coaches' sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Articulating Value Proposition - Interprets internal and external customer needs based on relevant application; explains and demonstrates products, solutions, and services to distinguish strengths and weaknesses to meet customer's specific needs to differentiate against competition.
- Pricing Strategy - Develops prices by aligning and building consensus with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business targets.
- Channel Awareness - Explains and contextualizes industry structure, dynamics, and path to market in order to advance organizational goals.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, technical or a related subject or an acceptable combination of education and experience required. This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Significant level of relevant work experience required, including previous customer and/or product experience required. Purchasing/commercial contract negotiation preferred.
- Oil and Gas Market Experience is a preferred.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an account relationship matrix to ensure robust relationships across the organizations.
- Supports new product introductions with field trials and VOC with assigned customers.
- Develops and maintains a robust sales pipeline comprised of conquest accounts, new product introductions, and share of wallet growth. Must be tracked in Salesforce.
- Works with all OE’s and Delivery Partners to understand their fleet programs features and benefits.
- Strong communication with local field support teams helping deliver program details of large fleet accounts.
- Strategic thinking on pricing and value added approach to customer.
- Develops strong partnering relationships with OEM National Account contacts that support future and current opportunities.
- Communicates effectively to ensure retention of existing customers throughout challenging environments.
Base salary range:$100,000.00 to $120,000.00 per year.
Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after considering relevant factors, including a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
Cummins and E-verify
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.