both short-term and long-term solutions.
- Leads the investigation of complex or ambiguous product or system problems across functions or business units, understands causal mechanisms in technical detail, recommends appropriate action, and documents results.
- Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small- to mid-sized teams.
- Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in service engineering across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
- Prioritizes work initiatives to balance resources.
- Anticipates potential product or process issues in the field and delivers robust technical solutions. Anticipates the needs of the service channel and works with the distribution business to enable end-customer solutions.
- Enhances customer value by improving total cost of ownership through the use of data analytics.
- Leads consensus with technical experts to make proactive engineering decisions, in the area of failure analysis and data trends, to implement final product resolutions to improve customer uptime.
- Manages and coaches' others on large-scale development or issue resolution projects.
- Provides problem resolution leadership for complex systems with a high degree of ambiguity and often global business impact.
- Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across function(s) within a global business unit or managing improvement across business units.
- Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small to mid-sized teams.
- Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in a discipline or product area across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
- Coaches and mentors' other engineers, project managers and cross-functional team members.
- May also include academic or industry collaboration in a competency or discipline area.
- Field Investigation and Support - Gathers and communicates technical information, both internally and externally, between technical problem solvers and the service channel about product or process related issues by using proven problem-solving techniques so that issues get resolved quickly and to customers' satisfaction.
- Technical Service Information - Creates the information necessary for the service channel to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and repair product to maximize customer uptime.
- Product Serviceability Requirements and Review - Structures and publishes procedures that technicians follow to safely repair and maintain products, whilst ensuring repairable components are accessible.
- Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Systems Thinking - Defines the system of interest by drawing the boundaries, identifying its context within its environment, its interfaces, and that it has a lifecycle to aid in planning the problem statement, scope and deliverables ; analyzes linkages and interactions between elements that comprise the system of interest by using appropriate methods, models and integration of outcomes to understand the system, predict its behavior and devise modifications to it in order to produce the desired effects.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Cultivates innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent bachelor's degree in engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s). Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
- Identify, prioritize, and drive &/or lead different process improvement activities across all North America teams: On-Highway, Off-Highway and Zero Emissions, Certification and Compliance activities, Emissions and OBD (Onboard Diagnostics) activities. Ex. Value Stream Transformation umbrella projects for On-highway and expanding to rest of North America teams.
- Collaborate with Engineering Functional Excellence (FE) leaders and other PCRA FE leaders on critical compliance initiatives.
- Be the glue between diverse North America teams by championing knowledge sharing opportunities.
- Primary consultant&/or responsible where applicable for North America Functional Excellence work such as Engineering standard work (ESW), engineering practices (EP), work instructions (WI) etc.
- Developing strategy with support from subject matter experts (SME) and agency experts for common certification and compliance tasks across different North America teams.
- Improving escalation and recognition process for North America Compliance & Certification teams
Salary range is $108,000 - $162,000. Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after taking into account relevant factors, including Compensation and Benefits
a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
( Compensation and Benefits (for all locations that don't require transparency)
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.)
Cummins and E-Verify .
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Corporate Office Building
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Nov 12, 2023, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Relocation Package Eligible
Req ID: 23000ACI