larger, more complex accounts when paired with a more senior account manager.
- Responsibilities include selling the organization's products to assigned business customers to achieve sales goals, expanding existing customer relationships and executing account sales plans in support of business strategy.
- Develops, manages, and maintains business relationships with assigned accounts supporting the organization's sales strategy.
- Supports growth or new business opportunities and cost initiatives.
- Extends and expands sale of products and services to existing clients.
- Leads, manages, and coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at appropriate levels.
- Negotiates and implements contracts with accounts as authorized.
- Manages production and distribution issues associated with accounts.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Acts as a champion for the voice of the customer within the business.
- Supports account strategy and works with key stakeholders in the business to achieve optimum results.
- Responsible for measuring customer satisfaction and creating action plans to improve satisfaction based on data.
- Manages accounts receivable deliverables including payment terms negotiation discussions.
- Drives Customer Focus Six Sigma initiatives to strengthen relationship with customer.
- Drives cross business unit account development in support of account strategy.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Sense Making - Through a series of diagnostic and probing questions and research, develops and/or supports an intimate understanding of the customer needs, behaviors, and/or their buying journey.
- Synthesizes complex information from internal and external resources to deliver tailored solutions for the internal or external customer.
- Account Planning - Identifies objectives to drive execution of business and/or account strategy by reviewing the status relative to where it needs to be and enabling tracking of progress against targets.
- Adapts to target audience - Explains complex topics (significant technical data, subject matter expertise, etc.) in such a way that the target audience (e.g. sales professionals, customers, training vendors, etc.) can understand, retain, and use the information.
- Developing Account Strategy - Determines current status of account in terms of relationship, financial, product competitiveness, barriers, quality, and service and defining desired future state by balancing customer requirements and business capabilities in order to define achievable targets aligned with the business strategy.
- Integrates Customer Perspective - Incorporates an understanding of the customers' perspective on our products and sales efforts to develop sales content that improves our ability to meet their needs and increase revenue.
- Sales Forecasting - Collects and assesses customer data from internal and external sources; compares against historical data to determine useful inputs and create a forecast of future consumption patterns.
- Sales Pipeline Management - Plans proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities accordingly; as applicable coaches' sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Articulating Value Proposition - Interprets internal and external customer needs based on relevant application; explains and demonstrates products, solutions, and services to distinguish strengths and weaknesses to meet customer's specific needs to differentiate against competition.
- Pricing Strategy - Develops prices by aligning and building consensus with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business targets.
- Channel Awareness - Explains and contextualizes industry structure, dynamics, and path to market in order to advance organizational goals.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales, technical or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Significant level of relevant work experience, including previous customer and/or product experience required. Purchasing/commercial contract negotiation preferred.
- Self-Motivated - This role is accountable for a specific area of responsibility and a book of business. It's critical to have experience(s) where you can demonstrate self-discipline including customer call prioritizing, scheduling, and route optimization.
- Strong Communication Skills - Written, listening, speaking and presentation. Solid verbal and interpersonal skills including the ability to interface at all levels within an organization. The ideal candidate would show confidence in this area and have a history of relatable experiences at various levels in an organization.
- Customer Focused - foundational to develop customer loyalty and trust. We strive to put our customers first in all we do, working to enhance customer satisfaction, resolving issues with a sense of urgency, and building strong customer relationships.
- Solutions minded - we are looking for individuals who demonstrate resourcefulness in finding solutions to problems, externally and internally. It's also about striving to consistently create positive experiences/solutions for our customers to develop long-term rapport and loyalty.
- Conflict resolution skills - we are looking for individuals who can actively listen and objectively provide feedback/guidance to our customers in times of conflict. This requires a great deal of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Organizational savvy - good stewards of our brand, resources, and leadership behaviors.
- Ability to adhere to and model ethical behavior and support the Right Environment.
- This role should be located in Grand Rapids, MI. Other locations may be considered at manager discretion.
Compensation and Benefits
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.)
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids-US, MI, Grand Rapids, Cummins Bridgeway North
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Feb 9, 2024, 12:00:00 AM
Unposting Date Feb 27, 2024, 11:59:00 PM
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Relocation Package Ineligible
Req ID: 240000PR