Project Manager - Supply Chain (RPA)
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager - Supply Chain (RPA) to join our team.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Schedule Management - Manages the project schedule using the recommended project management tools and processes to drive completion within the agreed timeline.
- Scope Management - Manages a list of project deliverables (scope) using the recommended project management tools and processes to ensure that the project includes all the work required and only the work required to complete the project successfully.
- Project Resource Management - Develops resource (expense and headcount) plans using recommended project management tools and processes to manage resources effectively.
- Project Issue and Risk Management - Manages the process to identify, assess and prioritize issues and risks using recommended tools and processes to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of negative events or to maximize the realization of positive events.
- Business insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- We’re looking for a self-motivated Robotic Process Automation (RPA) - Project Manager to join the Supply Chain Services team. This individual will be interfacing with stakeholders throughout Supply Chain organization to help drive the adoption of the RPA. The RPA Project Manager will be responsible for leading RPA Discovery sessions by guiding new process owners and project sponsors through the initial phasesworkshops to discover processes that maybe suitable for RPA.
- Lead workshops to Identify and Deploy new automation within Supply Chain Functions.
- Work with process owners to explain Automation, understand requirements and resolving any potential issues to ensure smooth business operations
- Lead Process Mapping sessions, application walkthroughs to uncover what is in and out of scope of a process.
- Provides and supports coaching to project and wider business teams on change principles and best practice.
- Responsible to ensure change management principles and methodology are embedded in the project change initiative, and outcomes are managed so that potential risks are mitigated, and the change is ultimately sustained.
- Responsible for the RPA Pre Intake Process which feeds the RPA development work.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $84,000 - $105,000. Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after taking into account relevant factors, including a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.