FGB'ers gave this company a 4.2/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Cummins rated their manager’s support a 4.8/5
Annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
More than 150 employee resource groups (ERGs) worldwide provide opportunities for leadership training and professional development.
55% of Cummins’ Executive Team, made up of leaders guiding company strategy, is made up of women.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree required.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required 3 years minimum.
• Assists with planning and executing the preventive, predictive, and condition-based maintenance of production equipment
• Attends to breakdowns, diagnoses faults, and oversees equipment improvements and time-critical repairs
• May oversee the work of teams of maintenance personnel, including technicians
• Manage maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies
• Performs equipment engineering design evaluations; may recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures
• May coach line employees on basic maintenance procedures
• Establish preventative maintenance processes to ensure equipment is available and capable
• Routinely references national, state and local electric codes.-Contractor Management - The method of managing contractors is an extension or supplement to in-house resources
• The creation and communication of the project plan (work instructions) to the contractor, the tracking of work performed, equipment modified, updates of drawings, etc
• Communicates with contractors regarding the contractor's manual and site safety procedures
• Understands the basics of Reliability Engineering techniques, and can use reliability data to help shape PdM, PM, tasks and frequencies
• Detailed understanding of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based machine control and communication technologies
• Can assist in the troubleshooting of system problems.-Factory Automation And Control Systems - Understanding of the closed loop control of factory automation systems
• Qualifications Skills and Experience Required: -Project Management - Has a good understanding of and effectively applies project management techniques in low to moderately complex projects
• Electrical System Troubleshooting - This skill involves being familiar with the national, state, and local electrical codes that apply to their facility. It also involves the ability to design and repair facility and machine electrical systems while utilizing the required safety procedures
• Thorough understanding of machine electrical design requirements
• Understands safety requirements and lockout/tag out procedures and uses them at all times
• The body of knowledge includes the following areas: Mathematics, Applied Science, Process Design, Materials, Manufacturing Processes, Manufacturing Management, Manufacturing Economics, Quality Control, Computer Applications, and Automation
• Working knowledge of the Fundamentals of Manufacturing.-More than 2 years of experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer, but not yet a Certified Manufacturing Technologist (Society of Manufacturing Engineers), or local equivalent)
• Identification and control of electrical hazards, knowledge of lock out/tag out requirements, and electrical safety (including NFPA 70E requirements and electrical protection devices such as highly sensitive differential circuit breakers, fuses, etc.). Knows legislation, policies, procedures, and safety concerns related to electrical safety
• Identifies and controls electrical hazards-Programmable Logic Controller (Plc) Technologies - Involves understanding and being able to use factory floor Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) technologies
• Experience 3-5 years of maintenance experience, preferably at a unionized manufacturing site
• Experience leading a team of maintenance technicians and handling equipment issues across the plant
• Electrical and Controls experience required; Experience with Siemens and Allen-Bradley PLC systems
• Good communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering and Operations to troubleshoot issues at the plant
Cummins is a Fortune 150 global power technology leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, distributes and services engines and related technologies. Headquartered just outside Indianapolis in Columbus, Indiana, we believe in providing global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and make meaningful contributions. We work with today’s most innovative ...