Technician - Field Service
Diesel Mechanic - Field Service
$5,000 sign on Bonus
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Field Service technician to join our team specialising in engine repairs and maintenance for our Cairns branch.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, automotive, mining and power generation.
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products and attend to breakdowns in the field, this will be on an on-call roster.
- Diagnose and repair engines.
- Inspect and replace components as required.
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Service Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Relevant Heavy Diesel trade qualification - Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/Plant Mechanic or Diesel Fitter (to Australian standards)
- Previous field service experience
- Experience as a Diesel Mechanic in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products, mining equipment, power generation on engines and similar applications is preferred (ideally with an OEM)
- Previous workshop exposure would be highly regarded.
- Solid diagnostic, electronic and IT capabilities
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate paid as a permanent salary.
- Relocation assistance offered from anywhere in Australia.
- $5,000 sign on bonus (Conditions apply)
- Tool of Trade Vehicle provided.
- Overtime penalties
- Safety equipment / PPE provided.
- Uniforms provided and laundered.
- Tool, Location and on call allowance
- Comprehensive Cummins product training provided.
- Income Protection continuance insurance
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles.
- Annual remuneration review
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program
- A range of personal and professional benefits
- Onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees
- Paid Parental leave (Conditions apply)
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page: _ https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs _) to check out our Benefits.
Primary Location Australia-Queensland-Cairns-Australia, Cairns, Distributor BR 131
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Technician
Job Posting Apr 29, 2023, 4:15:50 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Req ID: 230004BR