Cummins - Test Technician - 2nd Shift - Stoughton, WI
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Test Technician Associate to join our team in Stoughton, WI.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Prepares test articles for test, including initial build and final teardown. Responsible for installing instrumentation into test articles per relevant engineering standards.
- Assists in testing in accordance with established test procedures and methodology.
- Prepare test articles and associated fixtures, rigs, and equipment for testing.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the function of test equipment and the contribution of the test equipment to the validity of test results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the functioning of the product under test to assess the contribution of the product to the validity of the test results.
- Performs test stand installation, troubleshooting and setups and the upkeep and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Requires some work experience and intermediate level knowledge obtained through training or on-the-job experience.
- Data Acquisition - Prepares samples, verifies equipment calibration and performs tests according to an approved standard procedure or work instruction in a manner which ensures, and results in, data that can be trusted and delivered to the engineer or customer.
- Data Reporting - Prepares documentation in a manner which clearly organizes and presents testing methods, instrument settings, the data and analysis to allow the engineer and customer to understand the results and form accurate conclusions and recommendations.
- Product Function Test System Design - Interprets test equipment specifications from test standards or lab customer requirements; selects and integrates appropriate equipment, instrumentation and software to control boundary conditions and collect measurement data; assesses capability of the lab equipment against the requirements and support infrastructure.
- Test Setup and Configuration - Interprets test plan to determine optimal location and orientation within a test space in accordance with local safety and environmental requirements and fabricates required system with appropriate materials.
- Test Article Build - Assembles test articles according to test requirements, including all necessary installation or accommodations for instrumentation, in a manner that allows the test articles to successfully undergo product functional test.
- Must be willing to work shift - 2nd Shift - SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL INCLUDED
- Pay based on experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization