on Controls, including Independent Price Verification (IPV), Observability and Levelling, Prudent Valuation (PruVal) and Fair Value reserves. The team has an ongoing mandate to improve, enhance and support the Bank’s effort to meet regulatory expectations for, and optimise associated capital requirements from, Valuation Control processes.
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective and efficient front-to-back control framework with a focus on valuation controls, including, inter alia, IPV, observability and levelling, fair value reserves and prudential valuation
- Work with internal stakeholders helping to define practicable methodologies to meet the Bank’s policies and regulatory standards
- Develop and implement calculations for these methodologies within the Bank’s strategic systems (Kannon)
- Build processes to efficiently source, store and analyse pricing data from both internal/external sources for these methodologies
- Develop reporting frameworks and workflow to effectively control, monitor and govern the Bank’s adherence to these standards
Your skills and experience
- Good quantitative development, modelling, pricing, and risk management skills, with experience within a financial services environment
- Excellent computing and programming (coding) skills/ experience of programming languages, particularly Python or C++, as well as standard development tools (such as GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Good understanding of trading products such as Rates, Credit and Foreign Exchange, with ability to solve complex business problems
- Working knowledge/ experience with implementing solutions for Valuation Control topics (such as IPV or PruVal), advantageous
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task different projects and prioritise against tight deadlines
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities’ employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (for example, screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.