Accounting Senior Advisor
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Finance
- Location Austin, TX
This position will support integration activities related to legacy Dell/legacy EMC cross-sell of products, sales of products between legacy legal entities in support of internal use (fixed assets/R&D) and inventory, and support ongoing projects related to new activities between the entities, including Augusta, Mozy, RSA. Focus will be primarily on intercompany revenue, intercompany COGS, intercompany billing/settlement, and intercompany elimination in the consolidated financial statements.
- Define and execute accounting for new integration-related activities. Help secure alignment between accounting/finance and other business partners for integration activities and new projects. Primary focus areas will include financial reporting (intercompany and consolidation) and controllership.
- Be expected to assist in development of new accounting processes related to integration activities and new transactions between the legal entities.
- Be expected to develop, recommend, and implement globally standard accounting procedures (systematic or manual), ensuring appropriate controls; and ensure that these processes comply with Dell’s accounting policies, processes, and control requirements.
- Be expected to assist with the development and implementation of controls processes and documentation supporting Dell's SOX requirements.
- Candidate may be qualified to support either the revenue/elimination activity required as part of these integration activities or the cost/intercompany activity required.
- BA in accounting/finance and 8+ years of relevant experience, or MBA and 5+ years of experience; CPA, CMA, or CPM a plus.
- Experience with a global team is preferred.
- Strategic Program participation and/or business operations experience is a plus. Important competencies include controllership, business partnering, driving results, dealing with ambiguity, as well as creating new processes