Deloitte is on FGB’s Best Consulting Companies for Women of 2021.
Up to 16 weeks of paid time off to bond with a child as a result of birth or placement for adoption and/or to care for a family member.
Encore is a paid, program that eases the transition back into the workforce.
TrueView - Lead Software Engineer 1
Unanticipated risks have great consequences for clients. That’s especially true today as new risks and complexities brought on by regulatory mandates, rapidly evolving technologies, and the digitalization of business operations are disrupting traditional business models. Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory’s Hybrid-Operate teams deliver next-generation managed services and advanced technology products to help organizations solve complex problems on a long-term basis. Teams do this by bringing together advanced analytics, robust domain knowledge and experience, and strong technology products to help clients monitor, manage, and measure their operational environment for risk.
If you are someone who believes in disrupting through innovation and execution of ideas, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory may be the place for you.
Work You’ll Do
The candidate will ensure that their developed technical solutions meet the business needs and are developed with an attention to high quality and abide by Deloitte technical standards. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and be able to quickly adapt within a fast-paced agile environment. Ideally, the candidate will be a self-starter and be able to take ownership of their deliverables and be a team player. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
· Ability to gather client needs and develop business requirements
· Responsible for creation of user stories and functional and non-functional requirements
· Maintain, track, and update user stories within a Kanban organization
· Engage with teams to capture requirements and design functional specifications for BI front-end applications
· Document business processes and user and data flows
· Further translate business requirements to technical specifications
· Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications
· Liaise with Functional and Technical teams across geographic locations to facilitate solutions where applicable and assist with technical and code understanding, i.e. schemas, code reviews, etc
· Work with cross functional teams including Analysts, Data, QC, and Operations Engineers on a daily basis
· Take instruction from product leads, owners, and scrum masters to create clear deliverables
· Ability to facilitate application and module design sessions leading to mockups and wireframes
· Perform unit, functional, and regression testing of developed code
· Maintain and update git repositories and conduct code reviews
· Implement best practices to effectively deploy front-end code in the following languages: JS, Python, CSS, HTML, Angular 7, AngularJS, VueJS, and SQL
· Work with reporting tools including Qlik Sense and its Capabilities API
· Design and deploy web front ends using the reporting tools of Qlik Sense Mashups and JS libraries
· Understand and create front ends on top of both relational and associative data models
· Work with serverless tools and methodologies, specifically AWS services of DMS, SDK, Glue, Athena, and QuickSight
The Tech Center accelerates Advisory's marketplace technology capabilities by providing foundational technology services, cutting-edge research and innovation support, and guidance and expertise to market-facing teams.
· Minimum of 4-5 years of experience with web development within a corporate environment
· Experience with the reporting products of Qlik Sense, Tableau, or PowerBI
· Strong understanding and consideration for user experience
· Experience translating user requirements into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
· Experience and strong coding abilities in AngularJS, Python, VueJS, HTML, and CSS
· Strong Understanding of SQL and data modeling
· Advanced skills in MS Office, ADO, Visio, Adobe, and Git
· Hands on experience with Qlik Sense and its Capabilities API
· Experience with Azure DevOps
· Experience with Agile and Hybrid teams
· Effective project management skills
· Ability to meet deadlines while analyzing complex business processes and needs while delivering high quality code
· Ability to always ask the question "why" when soliciting stakeholder feedback on design and development
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong ability for teaming in a project-oriented organization
· Ability to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment
· Deadline and detail-oriented
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics is a plus
· Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics
· Strong API, .Net, C#, Python skills
· Overall understanding of reporting architecture, security design, and operations
· Previous hands on experience with advanced analytics including NLP (sentiment analysis), Random Forest Classifiers, and other ML techniques is a plus
· Strong understanding and experience in serverless methodologies and AWS Services
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 57926
Child care benefits
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
With more than 100,000 Deloitte professionals across the United States, our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster ...