Deloitte is on FGB’s Best Consulting Companies for Women of 2021.
Up to 16 weeks of paid time off to bond with a child as a result of birth or placement for adoption and/or to care for a family member.
Encore is a paid, program that eases the transition back into the workforce.
State Strategic Tax Review Manager, State and Local Tax (SALT)
Are you a strategic and creative Income and Franchise Tax Manager who enjoys solving complex state tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technologies to align the tax function with the business objectives?
We are looking for sharp, analytical Tax Managers, ready to take on new challenges, to join the State Strategic Tax Review group and work with a team focused entirely on delivering valuable, unique and innovative services to our Clients.
Deloitte’s State Strategic Tax Review (SSTR) group is a subset of our Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group which is one of largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our SSTR professionals have a deep technical knowledge base in income and franchise tax reporting with a focus on how our Client’s businesses are reflected in the tax returns from a tax base and apportionment perspective. We have an innate curiosity to learn new things by often addressing unique issues on each project-based unique Client engagement. We approach every Client and technical issue with a sense of urgency to stay at the forefront and deliver for our Client’s efficiently. Our team operates on a national basis, which gives us flexibility to work on a variety of clients and locations or focus on certain industries.
Work you’ll do
As an SSTR Manager within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will provide tax consulting services to a diverse client base in a variety of industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to state-specific and technical specialists when needed, have the support of others in MTS that have deep relationships with our Clients and be connected to a strong support system from firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.
Responsibilities will include:
· Advising clients on deep technical issues surrounding areas such as apportionment methodologies, tax base modifications and Tax Reform
· Researching and analyzing new facts patterns and laws, regulations, cases and administrative guidance and coordination with our Innovation professionals
· Comprehensive review of information to understand a Client’s business and its tax returns, including a deep understanding of the mechanics of state tax returns
· Managing a phased project from kick-off through completion, assuring that key milestones are met and approached with a sense of urgency
· Advising clients on strategies to address technical issues and business restructurings systematically in an effective and efficient manner
· Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
· Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
· CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, a licensed attorney or Enrolled Agent designation
· 5+ years’ progressive experience in state and local tax with a focus on corporate tax, specifically
· Current or recent supervisory and/or project management experience
· Travel up to 50%-70% (While travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
· Limited sponsorship may be available
· Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
· Demonstrable tax knowledge across a wide range of state and local tax areas including state tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
· Previous consulting experience from a large accounting or law firm. Preferably in a consulting-focused role
· Adept communicator with advanced writing skills, comfortable creating and delivering presentations across all levels of an organization
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 26835
Child care benefits
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
With more than 100,000 Deloitte professionals across the United States, our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster ...