Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Reporting directly to the IT Manager Strategic Sourcing the Associate IT Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the procurement and strategic development of materials/services commodities within the DFIN organization. The Associate IT Strategic Sourcing Specialist will oversee DFIN’s portfolio of vendors to identify cost savings opportunities and manage current/new supplier relationships through contract execution and negotiations. This individual will participate in cross-functional projects to drive efficiencies through the organization and generate cost improvements to create a value proposition for the organization.
- Establish and maintain a portfolio of vendor agreements and supplier relationships for DFIN’s IT vendors.
- Work in a team environment to implement global sourcing and supplier strategies in correlation with market trends, business needs, and competitive landscape creating company roadmap for short, medium, and long-term gains
- Leverage both current and new supplier relationships to drive cost reductions, negotiate long-term agreements, and form strategic partnerships that enhance the supplier portfolio to provide positive financial impacts and increased stability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop SOW’s that reflect business needs in a way to clearly communicate to supply base and effectively support the business units
- Conduct thorough RFP process and supplier selection to achieve cost targets, adhere to contractual requirements, and follow strategic plans
- Initiate benchmark analysis to identify potential cost gaps and ensure price alignment across commodity
- Work with purchase requisitioners to create purchase orders in conjunction with Master Product and Service Agreements and annual budgetary needs
- Collaborate effectively across all organization levels and functions to drive business units toward common goals and objectives that are in alignment with procurement initiatives
- Conduct commodity and supplier analysis to recognize and implement potential opportunities, gaps and risk analysis, and areas for efficiency gains
- Ensure the organization’s procurement and contracts (and contract management) policies, processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines are followed
- Ascertain relevant market knowledge and best practices to offer alternative/improved solutions driving improvements in business operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Purchasing (IT Preferred)
- Proven experience in effectively managing supplier relationships
- Direct experience negotiating contracts relating to corporate business units
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology, contracts, contract language, contract terms and conditions, and contract redlining.
- SAP experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking when analyzing and resolving issues
- Possess strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task complex requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and project management skills required
- Experience in identifying trends, managing commodities, and establishing strategic direction
- Ability to liaise and conduct project reviews with all levels of upper and executive management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills with capability to employ creative measures to achieve optimal results
- Excel, MS Office Suite intermediate skills a must
- Robust analytical aptitude to generate business cases and sourcing opportunities
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].