DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized and cloud native smart standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
As Manager of RAN Engineering, you will be part of Dish’s Engineering and Operations team. The successful candidate will lead, direct and manage a group of 5G Engineers, SMEs, and managers across U.S. and offshore.
This position will drive a highly technical team and function of critical visibility in the organization to help deliver and maintain the best-in-class 5G operational network.
In this role, you will:
- Hire & manage a team of highly skilled RAN Engineering Technical Support Engineers and SMEs
- Provide Engineering technical support to our NOC including RAN OPS and markets
- Work closely with multiple Vendors, mainly RAN product vendors and cloud platform vendors (AWS, VMWare) for Tier-IV - Product/ R&D support
- Responsible for SW Deployments/ New HW/ SW changes and Updates
- Create and maintain the National MOPS/ SOPS to support NOC/ market SMEs (O&M)
- Work closely with National RF teams and provide operational support on KPIs, Optimization, and Golden Parameter Configurations
- Support FOA/FFI testing
- Work with the DISH Technology teams on Architectural development and deployment
- Drive Automation and process improvements
- Create and maintain the necessary training programs for capability and skill development
- Drive the focus on improved RAN Stability on multiple RAN product platforms including cloud platforms (AWS, VM ware)
- Work in close collaboration across multiple functions within Dish: RF, Deployment & Integration teams, Tech Dev, Core, Cloud Infra, Network Engineering and National NOC
- Provide cross-training experiences to NOC and RAN OPS
- Track top issues and areas for continuous improvement and focus
As a Manager our RAN Engineering team, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering (Masters will be favorable).
- 12 years+ of related experience including 7+ years of experience managing related teams
- Experience in RAN technologies 4G, 5G (SA preferred) including VoLTE and VoNR, 3GPP and ORAN standards
- Deep understanding of LTE, VoLTE, and 5G VoNR L2/L3 call flows with ability to understand and analyze traces (packet captures, GNB traces)
- Experience managing technical teams including SMEs
- Understanding of 5G functional components (Core, RAN, Network, Transport, PaaS and gNB configurations).Not required, but cross function domain knowledge is a plus
- Experience in RF Design, Optimization and Performance
- RAN System Engineering and Configuration management
- Ability to use ticket tracking services such as Jira and ServiceOne.
- Ability to grasp higher-level technology issues and troubleshoot to resolution.
- Ability to span departments to assist in resolving network event outages.
- Experience analyzing wireless networks, related equipment, and/or performance.
- Ability to multitask, meet objectives, and solve issues in stressful situations with high speed of completion and high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and systems
- Advanced leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and team focused
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills