DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story. Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Infrastructure Engineer/Architect are key interfaces to Clients (DISH/Sling engineering) teams and are responsible to develop convincing technical solutions. This requires for them to work closely with clients for multiple partners - vendor teams to architect the solution.
Job role requires sound technical knowledge, proven business acumen and differentiating client interfacing ability. Infra engineers are required to anticipate, create and define an innovative technical solution which matches customer's needs and DISH's tactical and strategic requirements.
Configuration and Troubleshooting Responsible for planning, designing, integrating and driving large-scale routing, switching firewall, load-balancer, CDN, solutions. Manage complex project. Act as a final contact for any technical issue for the DISH engineering teams. Drive Critical/Major incidents and involve in RCA preparations. Responsible for planning and capacity management of network infrastructure. Responsible for implementing DR & Chaos engineering solutions and performing periodic tests. Responsible for addressing performance and replication related issues.
High-Level Scope of work
- Provide multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating network products to meet DISH needs
- Support these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues on enterprise Datacentre Networking, WAN, Links & Public cloud infrastructure technologies
- Provide recommendations to improve the network infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis
- Work with team members to ensure the appropriate network level provisioning is maintained
- Monitor network infrastructure and any processes related to these systems & links
- Troubleshoot and resolves problems identified through monitoring software or reported by users
- Explore, define, plan, execute and document initiatives that will improve application recoverability
- Provide operations and maintenance support within the Enterprise Network environment
- Coordinate provisioning network services, provide support to network infrastructure and services
- Manage the day-to-day application of network – security policies to new development to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and fairness for our customers
- Automation of TOIL and Orchestrating Runbooks and encourage IAC
- Monitor performance through the implementation
- Participate in testing, upgrade and configuration of system and services
- Evaluate and ensure changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommend revisions or changes based upon results
- Manage hygiene activities and updates of support packages/patches to maintain system integrity
- Participate in capacity planning by providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of storage infrastructure and services
- Act as an Infra security architect/SME for network infrastructures and perimeter security technologies such as firewalls, load balancers, WAF, proxies, SDN, DNS, and DDOS solutions
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
- Own the assessment, development, implementation, optimization, documentation of a comprehensive, broad set of security technologies and processes, data protection, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other infrastructure environments
- Hands on: Routers/Switches (Arista & Brocade), Firewalls (Palo Alto), Load Balancers (F5, Brocade), AWS Networking
- Networking technologies: Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP & OSPF), VRFs, VLANs, VRRP, LACP, MLAG, TACACS / Rancid / GIT, IPSec VPN, DNS / DHCP, NAT / SNAT, IP Multicast, VPC, Transit Gateway, NAT Gateway, ALB/ELB, Security Groups, ACL, HSRP, VRRP, SNMP, DHCP
- Implementation, Decommission, Upgrades, Updates of switch/route, firewall, LB, etc.
- Manage, hardware, IOS, coordinating with vendors/partners for support
- Keep the all network physical equipment and virtual infrastructure up to date with right security patches and plan regular maintenance to keep them up and running
- Manage CDN, Links, VPN technologies, SDN, SDWAN and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Review technology designs, architecture, taking local and regional regulatory requirements into account for Voice, Video Solutions, Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Firewalls, NGFW, NAT, IPS, Botnet, Application Control, DDoS, Web Filtering
- Understand and apply Palo Alto Firewall / Panorama, Big-IQ, NetbBrain tools/technology standards to daily support and enhance performance, improve reliability
- Create a real-time contextual living map of Sling’s network with detailed network specifications, including diagrams, equipment configurations with defined standards
- Bring in the practice of Network As Code on all current network devices and new implementations - Write Once, Execute Anywhere
- Improve the reliability of the service, bring in proactiveness to identify and prevent impact to customers by eliminating Single Point of Failure (SPOF)
Capture critical forensic data, provide complete visibility across the enterprise, for security incidents as soon as a threat is detected, by implementing tools like NetBrain
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Industry certifications on Switching, Routing, Security is an added advantage
- 10+ years of Network operations support experience (with 6+ in a large enterprise)
- For architect additional exposure in design, manage Hybrid cloud infra, rearchitecting the DC environment to synergise with AWS cloud and modernising the NW landscape is required
- For Principal engineers managing / leading a team of 5 or more is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and managers
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Compensation: $120,100.00/Year - $157,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits.
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.