Customer Service Associate: Bilingual German Speaking
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Customer Service
- Location Princeton, NJ
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Customer Service Associate
Here at Dow Jones we are looking for a German speaking Customer Service Associate . We are looking for someone who has a passion for helping people, and truly has a can-do attitude.
Here at Dow Jones we offer a career with a recognized leader in the world of global news and business information. This is an opportunity to be a part of a multinational organization that focuses on its people. We are looking for candidates who want to work within our Global Customer Service team to learn and grow from this position.
What do we do?
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
The primary role of the Customer Services team is to champion best practice in the objective governance of the contact center provision and assessing the emerging risks and propose developments and improvements based on objective and evidence based information, such as agreed service levels and customer feedback.
Who is my manager?
Customer Service Supervisor
What are my accountabilities?
- Ability to communicate with our global customers in both written and spoken German and English within a corporate environment
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and Service Level Agreements
- Provide excellent customer service to customers in a courteous, effective and timely manner to ensure resolution of customer contacts
- Ensure all relevant procedures are followed from beginning to resolution
- Make independent decisions to resolve customer issues with strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and correctly
- Own a customer case by being the named case manager bringing the case to final conclusion
- Promote the products and services of Dow Jones brands
- Perform administrative functions as may be required in order to fulfil member requirements
- Troubleshooting of some technical incidents and problems including basic browser issues, Apps, and subscription problems.
- Escalate unresolved cases to management
- Log all calls in the SalesForce Service Management Console
- Support the maintenance of an active and useable knowledge base
- Act as an internal voice of the customer
- Actively seek out opportunities for self-improvement, keeping up with new product trainings and process knowledge
What do you need from me?
- Ability to write and speak German and English fluently within a corporate environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- Ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional and pleasant manner
- Sound judgment and a commitment to customer satisfaction with the ability to build and develop relationships to identify problems, assess needs, and find solutions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an often busy and intense environment
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technical systems and applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web browsing
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a large set of procedural guidelines to a very high accuracy level and adjust to changes when required
- Positive outlook on change and flexible approach to team-based work environment and structure
- Desire to grow with the company
- College degree preferred