s and Eaton Corporate policies and practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
• Process Centric - with thorough understanding of the financial processes (RTR, OTC & PTP) with due focus on RTR in managing end to end accounting. Responsibilities include ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Demonstrate efficiency, agility and ensure a high level of accuracy. Provide business partnership to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel to achieve financial objectives.
• Control & Compliance - Responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure an adequate environment of internal control. Provide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable statutory requirements as they apply to their areas of responsibility. Active leadership required to ensure compliance is maintained for all financial activities, as well as the safeguarding of plant assets in compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Quality culture: Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate processes and drive process improvements. Must use quality tools like BPI, EBE, etc.
• Process Standardization: Regular review of existing controls and Governance of the standard processes and ensuring alignment to globally defined SSC processes
• Collaboration - Collaborates with the other stakeholders to support overall goals and objectives. Work closely with the Team Leader - Accounting in achieving the required goals and timelines. Proactively manage issues through understanding of the overall processes and interconnect.
• Continuous Improvement- Demonstrate a practical approach to continuous improvement of the processes.
• Customer Focus & Meet and exceed customer expectations - Develop Customer facing KPIs, periodic meetings to discuss performance and monitors closely to close out open issues.
• Service Delivery: To ensure that the service delivery is being managed in accordance with the agreed processes and procedures with regard to:
• Service definition
• Service level management, including reporting
• Documentation, including maintenance of appropriate review documentation and audit trails
• Accounting Degree (CA), MBA-Finance or B.com. (Accounting) with required experience
• 4-8 years of total experience
• Good experience of Oracle & SAP ERP
• Must have an end-to-end process knowledge for GL/FA and good understanding of OTC and PTP encompassing overall accounting as the area
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX
• knowledge of direct and indirect tax
• Excellent analytical, written and oral English communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively across boundaries/business lines.
• Excellent MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), Excel Macro