Eaton's AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Assembler A (2nd Shift).
The hourly rate for this position is $https://20.40 - $https://30.60 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you'll do:
Assemble mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and top assemblies of simple to complex product line that includes but is not limited to military parts for customers such as Boeing Defense, Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky and Goodrich.
Reports to the Production Supervisor/Manager in Red Oil.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited institution is required.
• Two (2) years' experience in assembly manufacturing.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
• Ability to push, pull and lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to read and write English.
• Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
• Understanding of blueprints.
• Computer proficiency.
• Attention to detail
• Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time
• 2 years prior assembly experience in Aerospace industry
• Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification.
Must be prequalified to work on defense projects, per the state department ITAR regulations.
• Makes Decisions/Solves Problems - Identifies and raises issues and problems in a constructive manner. Actively presents problems with suggested solutions. Uses sound analytical thinking to develop solutions/recommendations that address problems/issues to achieve desired results.
• Drive for Results - Continuously raises performance standards and strives for superior performance. Strives to go beyond what is expected. Assumes personal accountability for delivering on or exceeding personal goals and expectations.
• Job Knowledge - Learns and masters the required job skills in their current position. Learns and masters new or unfamiliar concepts needed to perform effectively. Demonstrates solid working knowledge of all software systems used to perform the job.
• Commitment - Committed to ensuring that Eaton remains successful and competitive through personal commitment to their job. Ability to work with little supervision, by identifying workload needs and doing the work necessary to get the job done. Is flexible, adaptable and demonstrates a willingness to change. Has good attendance record from both an absenteeism and punctuality perspective.
• Communication/Teamwork - Effectively communicates and works to build relationships with people within and/or outside own department. Works effectively in a diverse environment, respecting different ideas, perspectives, and values of others on teams, as well as within own department and in general day-to-day interactions. Behaves in accordance with the beliefs and commitments expressed in the Eaton Philosophy.
Job Knowledge Basic Skills Criteria:
• Able to Assemble simple to complex assemblies
• Experience in lapping assembly components
• Able to assemble at least (4) Complex and (5) Moderate and more than (4) Simple assemblies
• Subject Matter Expert in at least (3) Moderate, 4 Simple assembly
• Read and Understand Blueprint
• ESD Certification (as required)
• Soldering Certification (as required)
Progression Criteria to Assembler and Tester B (Lateral Move)*
• Be an Assembler A for at least 18-24 months
• Have at least six (6) months experience in assembly of simple to complex assemblies
• Experience troubleshooting assemblies
• Ability to test at least three (3) simple and two (2) moderate assemblies
• Ability to assemble more than four (4) complex and five (5) moderate and four (4) simple assemblies
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least three (3) moderate assemblies and four (4) simple assemblies
• Achieve Performing (P) or better in APEX
• Achieve three (3) or better on all APEX competencies
• Cross-train Assemblers A&B in simple to moderate assemblies
• No performance concerns (including, but not limited to behavioral, tardiness, attendance)
• Meet or exceed productivity goals
• Meet or exceed quality rejection goals
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.