g, but not limited to allocation of materials, preparation of raw material, assembly, electrical testing and preparation of finished product for shipment. They will work with a team and flex in all areas of the assembly operation as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
You will be responsible for complex assemblies to fulfill customer requirements/orders by producing quality products, safely, in a timely manner following Standard Work.
• Comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
• Sustainment of 5S+ in area.
• Work to manufacturing information, electrical and mechanical drawings, sketches, written or oral instruction from supervisor or engineering and to established procedures.
• Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembling.
• Responsible for identifying nonconforming parts and troubleshooting errors. May be required to perform hipot test on assemblies.
• Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust or repair assemblies. Use of layout, drill, saw, punch, rivet, and paint material as required.
• Apply identification labeling on completed assemblies as required.
• Form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
• Use appropriate lift assist or partner lift when moving material/products. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and push or pull up to 100 lbs.
• Flex to other areas as needed or perform tasks of other positions as needed including Lean Line operations such as can prep, tape, and assembly. Flex Line operations such as assembly and water spider as well as PowerWave2 assembly operations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger
• Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
• 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
• 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
• South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
Position Criteria: (Non-measurable criteria/qualifications - these are just examples)
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
What you'll get from us
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
• Healthcare/retirement savings programs
• Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
• Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
• Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
• Donation matching
• Local referral program
• Safety shoe, safety glasses, and wellness reimbursement programs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.