abor Grade 6 and the following skills are required to advance:
Skills required to advance to the next wage tier progression, to be completed within 2 months.
• Run a CMM; Setup and is T-Comparator, Y-Comparator, Optical Comparator, Surface Analyzer, and any other measuring equipment required to be used in the cell.
• Setup and run the ovens, freezers, trepan lathe, manual Bridgeport, and manual polishers (may require a fitted respirator depending on material being worked on).
Skills required to advance to the next wage tier progression, to be completed within 4 months.
• Setup and run the hydraulic lug press, and identify worn tooling based on defects on parts
• Run the Okuma CNC lathes in 865 cell after they have been setup and perform in process quality checks, offset adjustments, and complete hand deburring of the production parts
• Setup simple counter-bore and snap ring groove operations on Okuma CNC lathes
Skills required to complete the training program and advance to the normal wage for the role, to be completed within 6 months.
• Setup and run any current part number routed to the Okuma CNC lathes in the 865 Cell
• All other necessary skills to perform the duties as described in the Cell Specialist- Machining (0865) job description.
(Pay rate structure for program is based on required skill and progression)
Wage Tier Progression:
• Step 1 $https://23.21
• Step 2 $https://23.96
• Step 3 $https://25.43
• Step 4 $https://26.61
The trainee's progress will be evaluated each month by a representative of Management and with a Union representative to assess the trainee's performance and/or readiness for advancement.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 1 year of CNC Turning, CNC Milling, CNC Grinding or Manual Turning experience.
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Rumford, RI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables
• Experience with precision measurement instrumentation
• Knowledgeable in GD&T
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.