ponsible for gathering material for work centers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
• Comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
• Sustainment of 5S+ in area.
• Receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
• Input information into data collection system as required.
• Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
• Set and operate heavy machinery, which may include weidamatics, optishear, band saws, coil machine and drill presses.
• Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
• Frequently pushing or pulling up to 100 lbs; frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition, use material handling equipment to load, unload, transport, and position heavy loads.
• Be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
• Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
• Perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
• Flex to fabrication work areas as needed, including Geka shear, coil machine, housing saw, accessory bend, press brake, downdraft, masking, and housing punch.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
• Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
• Minimum 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
• Minimum three (3) months of experience operating a powered industrial vehicle (e.g., forklift)
• Minimum three (3) months of experience utilizing Eaton system controls including material management.
• Minimum 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
• South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
What you'll get from us
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
• Healthcare/retirement savings programs
• Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
• Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
• Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
• Donation matching
• Local referral program
• Safety shoe, safety glasses, and wellness reimbursement programs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.