up load programs via DNC system to make multiple parts.
• Be able to perform minor set-ups and tool changes to execute a sequence of operations such as turn, drill, and bore a variety of metal components.
• Can identify inserts, cutters and general tooling for specific operations
• Pre-kitting for next job
• Meet OEE target time to meet daily goals
• Addresses scrap causes and corrective actions
• Follow procedure according to production routers
• Interpret technical drawings in accordance with standard shop practices.
• Responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
• Perform all 5S+ activities and keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards.
• Willing to train and mentor other operators
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment OR completion of a machinist/CNC degree/CNC certification.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• 3 years manufacturing experience
• 2 years of CNC experience
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must be able to use the computer
• Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
• Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
• Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
• Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
• Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.