Eaton's Corporate Sector division is currently seeking a Import Duty and Cost Lead Analyst.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $https://88499.97 - $https://129799.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you'll do:
Eaton's Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Import Duty and Cost Lead Analyst to join our team. This position can be based at any Eaton location in the https://U.S. on a hybrid work schedule.
Function as a GTM expert on imports with emphasis on duty and cost reduction. This position is responsible for identifying and implementing duty reduction and duty compliance programs with a primary focus on https://U.S. Imports. In particular, this position will work with the various GTM managers and businesses to ensure duty compliance through analysis and application of any antidumping or countervailing duties and to drive Cost Outs for the organization by providing oversight to key duty optimization programs. This candidate will introduce common processes to optimize Eaton systems to centralize data and reporting.
• Develop, deploy and maintain special tariff regimes including but not limited to Section 232 /301, 9801, 9802, GSP, to ensure reduction and recovery are optimized for Eaton businesses.
• Engage Eaton business primes to evaluate products against special tariff programs for eligibility and provide required evidence for claims / reductions
• Establish SCM and Eaton business reporting of avoidance and recovery measures
• Provide notification to Eaton businesses of duty program interruptions or additions that need considered for Profit Plan adjustments
• Develop, deploy, and maintain compliance procedure for antidumping and countervailing (ADD-CVD) duty programs
• Develop capability within Eaton Center of Excellence to review ADD-CVD cases and create reporting by SKU of potential matches
• Engage Eaton commodity managers / product primes to review product definition of cases for matches with business products
• Manage closed loop process of evaluation, case-SKU determination and messaging to broker agents to apply where appropriate
• Support Eaton's drawback process and procedure
• Work with Eaton's drawback leader and approved drawback service provider and ensure requirements are contract defined and conformed to
• Arrange drawback training for Eaton businesses that focuses on data and information needed for drawback and business unit recordkeeping responsibility
• Enable engagement with Eaton business operations to identify drawback opportunities and assign accountability for requirements
• Review import / export lanes with free trade agreements (FTA) availability with a Special Program Indicators in the tariff to determine if Eaton can apply any of these, https://i.e. Civil Aircraft Agreement.
• Document the process to follow for each duty savings program implemented and ensure inclusion of the process in the Eaton Import Manual.
• Partner with Eaton businesses and various SCM team members to provide duty impacts and opportunities for proposed production changes and supplier changes
• Development of metrics to track savings, cost avoidance, duty outlays, and efficiency of import and export operations.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Associate's degree from an accredited institution required.
• Minimum of 5 years trade management & trade regulations experience required.
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
• Undergraduate degree preferred from an accredited university.
• Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel audit formulas)
• Subject matter expert in import matters
• Proven ability to develop and deploy process improvements
• Strong writing, speaking, & presenting skills at multiple levels of the organization and diverse audiences in order to influence & drive results
• HTS & FTA knowledge
• Ability to manage projects and programs to develop and deploy solutions to complex issues
• Knowledge of audit and assessment procedures and evaluation of risk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.