ncentrators from all major OEM's.
Our Power Systems Controls (PSC) group is a full-service integrator of the necessary systems, equipment, and technologies to provide a complete power systems automation solution. Our team of talented engineers and technicians provides single point responsibility and seamless integration, transcending all major manufacturers of HMIs, PLCs, protective relays, and components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
• Create, modify, test, and deploy software for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI's) for Power Transfer applications like (Main-Tie-Main, Main-Gen, Main-Tie-Main-Gen, Paralleling Switchgears etc.)
• Follow customers specifications and internal specifications for project implementation.
• Select components and create bill of materials.
• Provide sketches, mark-ups, and direction to Electrical Designers to develop project drawings.
• Prepare customer submittals, Sequence of Operation (SOO), and test procedures.
• Assist with factory testing and field start-ups as required.
• Be able to troubleshoot systems that are not functioning properly.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution with at least 7 years of controls experience or a Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with at least 3 years of controls experience, or a high school diploma/GED with at least 10 years of controls experience in power distribution applications.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the posted locations will be considered.
Valid and unrestricted Driver's License.
• PE License.
• Knowledge of Power Monitoring and Control Systems and associated protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC-61850)
Position Success Criteria:
• Available for travel & mobility 25% of time
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
• Advise customers on technical opportunities/issues
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.