Eaton's VEH Vehicle Group division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift . This position is based at our Carol Stream, IL location. The Maintenance Technician will apply electrical and mechanical related knowledge to test, diagnose, maintain, repair and modify electrical and mechanical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in facility. This work requires an in-depth knowledge of various trades, perform a wide variety of electrical and mechanical maintenance and service work on sophisticated equipment/ machines and controls. The Maintenance Technician will also diagnose and remedy electrical and mechanical troubles, repair and replace equipment Installs, maintain and/or repairs equipment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to successfully work with minimal supervision. The hourly rate for this position is $https://32.00 - $https://40.00 per hour + $1500 after 90 days and then another $1500 after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you'll do:
• Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing production equipment including but not limited to industrial blenders, industrial mixers, automated packaging equipment, manual packaging equipment, robotic equipment, pumps, valves and pressures vessels
• Responsible for preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment
• Troubleshoot / repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic repairs
• Support daily plant operations through effective troubleshooting and repair of Mechanical, Electrical, and Control system adhering to all policies, procedures, and instructions.
• Maximize equipment reliability by effectively performing assigned work orders and PMs. Ensure complete and effective repairs. Proactively initiate work orders based on PM observations
• Document work completed in the PLEX including actions taken, conditions observed, root cause, preventive action recommendations, and resources utilized including labor hours and parts.
• Ensure that all machine repairs and/or scheduled maintenance are completed/verified via PLEX System and that all appropriate closing codes are used. Interpret manual and computer-generated reports and suggest changes to improve the operability, reliability, and safety of assets.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the electrical or mechanical maintenance field
• Machining fabrication, Mill, Lathe, Grinding, Drilling, Sheet metal bending/fabrication
• Read Electrical, Electronic, Pneumatic, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic drawings.
• Design, modify, machinery. Design, build and install custom machine guarding and Electrical/pneumatic controls. PLC/HMI programming, maintenance. Machining and welding fabrication.
• Program and maintain software in Ladder(PLC) Assembly, HMI systems and Basic languages
• Electrical installation and maintenance work on plant electrical systems and equipment.
• Basic computer skills, including proficiency with Windows-based software
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Must reside within the United States
• Prior experience in a manufacturing or assembly operation preferred
• Good problem-solving skills/Strong verbal communication skills/Strong teamwork skills
• Good attention to detail
• Able to follow-through on assigned tasks
• Experience with Siemens drives
• Certifications in PLC, CNC, and Automation
• Experience with AD/DC drive motor operation, adjustment and troubleshooting
• Degree in technical field preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand
• The employee is moderately required to walk.
• The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Noise level in plant is moderate. Hearing protection is required in posted areas.
• Safety Glasses required in the manufacturing area's
• Ability to comply with all safety protocols
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.