• Applies Lean-Manufacturing and 6-Sigma Techniques to eliminate waste, reduce process variation and to deliver products that meet customer expectations
• Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products
• Conducts Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable
• Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates and to identify opportunities for cost reduction
• Participates in new product development projects using program management tools to articulate deliverables and maintain schedules
• Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business
• Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies
Qualifications - External
• Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• 3 years of Engineering experience
• 1 year of experience with Lean/6-Sigma/Continuous Improvement best practices
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee or Refugee.
• No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 70 mile radius of the Davenport, IA facility will be considered for this position. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• Electrical Engineering experience preferred
• 3 years of Lean Manufacturing experience
• Product life cycle management experience
• AS9100/TS16949 experience
• Precision machining experience preferred
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.