capabilities and requirements for new and existing products.
• Support manufacturing processes that improve safety, reduce operating costs, improve quality (https://i.e. First-Pass yield), and reduce scrap for Aerospace PCBA assembly and sub-assembly products.
• Support 'Design for Manufacturability' review process for New Product Development initiatives to ensure cross-functional alignment of products from inception through shipment to customer.
• Design and implement tooling, fixturing (https://i.e. additive manufacturing), and gages (https://i.e. poka-yokes) for safe and efficient manufacture, assembly, inspection and test of custom-engineered aerospace hardware.
• Provide support to assembly and test areas, develop documented guidelines for manufacturing processes and/or equipment (https://i.e. Visual Work Instructions), and respond to production issues and requests in the spirit of Continuous Improvement.
• Review and update processes and manufacturing documentation of current products for improvement of process and engineering design changes to ensure ISO compliance.
• Assist in root cause and failure analysis as required and develops root cause and corrective actions to resolve issues involving discrepant product or material.
• Identify and investigate new technologies (https://i.e. Industry https://4.0 and automation efforts) for improving manufacturing processes to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer's expectations.
• Drives short-term and long-term improvements to achieve goals outlined on Value Stream Maps.
• Participate and lead/facilitate kaizen events and High-Performance Work Team activities. Works on Business Process Improvements, TPM, 5S, and problem-solving kaizen activities (including supporting Lean Manufacturing / Six-Sigma activities) throughout all areas of operation.
• Participate in the procurement and start-up of new capital equipment (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support facility enhancements as required.
• Evaluate and maintain time standards that produces increased productivity and router accuracy.
• Manage project prioritization and participate in continuous improvement initiatives that support the Six-Sigma methodology.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology or currently pursuing with an anticipated graduation date of no later than December 2023 from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of three (3) months of internship or co-op experience in engineering.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Torrance, CA will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Design for manufacturability experience (https://i.e. ProLaunch and/or New Product Development)
• Operations or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
• Technical understanding and proven experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma Methodology.
• Experience with SMT and Thruhole technology.
• PCB fabrication experience.
• Experience with new product development and integration.
• Experience in Additive manufacturing.
• Experience in the use of CAD, SolidWorks, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to proactively manage multiple projects/activities cross-functionally, and be able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
• Sound manufacturing background (Process Programming and Tooling).
• Good communication, people & problem solving skills in order to establish and maintain strong & successful team and customer relationships.
• Understand shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes and manning.
• Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies.
• Excellent reasoning skills and ability to act on them to ensure quality of work.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.