ring processes on complex/routine assemblies under close supervision following standard processes/written instructions.
• Document test results on data sheets or record test data in electronic data collection system.
• Perform routine and some complex troubleshooting on production hardware and test equipment.
• Verify calibrated equipment, material with expiration dates, and ensure written instructions are up to date and accurate prior to use in production.
• Properly manage the traceability of numerous components to ensure assembly accuracy.
• Work in partnership with all Manufacturing Technicians and Engineering to Identify improvement opportunities, resulting in a decrease of lead time, cost savings, elimination of waste, or safety improvement.
• High School Diploma or https://G.E.D. from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 2 years Aerospace manufacturing OR military experience OR 3 years of relevant manufacturing experience.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Orchard Park, NY to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
• Associates Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology.
• Assembly & Test experience in a Space Systems manufacturing environment.
• Electronics assembly and Inspection experience (Certified in J-STD-001 and or IPC-A-610).
• Basic understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts.
• Good understanding of electrical equipment. https://i.e., power supplies, ohm and volt meters, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition systems.
• Knowledge of standard manufacturing practices and the use of common assembly tools.
• Capability to work independently on production hardware following company policies and processes and raise concerns about product quality or safety to Production Support Technicians and Production Supervisors.
• Ability to perform product testing using high pressure test equipment while following written acceptance test documents.
• Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status following site guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring that compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety standards are met.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.