and quantify items received against purchase order. Visually inspect and count items / incoming parts, materials and supplies to detect shortages, damages in transit, broken packages and obvious defects. Complete related documentation. Move or expedite material to proper department. Pull material and package for delivery to Service Centers. Use KanBan system to order and replenish materials.
In this function you will:
• Visually inspect for damaged material.
• Safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to storeroom locations, or POU locations.
• Notify internal customers of receipts / product marked to their attention. Maintain working relationship with internal customers.
• Receive https://P.O's in system. Separate AML material from non-AML. (Kanban)
• Sort and disperse return material. Maintain all documentation accordingly.
• Unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly. Verify material against packing list.
• Pull parts from Storeroom if needed in Service Center packing. Ensure packaging is to standard to prevent loss or damage to product.
• Process internal Kanban cards. Assist in the maintenance of the Kanban system.
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
• Experience in material handling in a manufacturing setting
• Experience with forklift operation in either a standup or sit down capacity
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Fayetteville, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• 1 year of experience working in a Material Handling role in a manufacturing setting
• 6 months of experience with forklift operation in either a standup or sit down capacity
• Communicate effectively with other departments to ensure parts and components are delivered on time and meet quality specifications.
• Flex into other departments as needed to ensure customer and Eaton expectations are met.
• Works with programs like AS400, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Vista
• Uses electrical schematics and blue prints to identify parts and components needed
• Uses handheld scanners to track inventory in Shipping & Receiving
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.