Eaton's ES CRDS COMM Commercial division is currently seeking a Material Handler, Satellite Shipping - C Shift. The regularly scheduled hours are Friday through Sunday from 5:00am - 5:00pm. The hourly rate for this position is $https://15.90 - $https://20.00 per hour. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based on candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you'll do:
The Material Handler - Satellite Shipping will be responsible for providing manufacturing expertise and support in the Satellite Shipping area including, but not limited to, allocation of materials, planning, scheduling, verifying, shipping, and packaging with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton's quality standards.
• You will utilize a computer and perform releases and confirmations of satellite shipments.
• You will receive, document, store stage, and issue all job-related material to satisfy production requirements.
• Operate forklifts to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
• Transfer material to and from the dock utilizing the yard truck.
• You will support assembly and fabrication requirements for materials as needed.
• You will package, create, and band equipment, parts, materials, products, and accessories to minimize damage during shipment or staging.
• You will apply labels, stickers, and stencils as required for identification and ease of storage or shipping.
• You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton's quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
• You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned functions and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
• You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
• You will keep the assigned work area clean and organized per 5S standards.
• You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignments. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one's function.
• You will exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
• You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
• You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
• HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
• Must reside within 50 miles of Sumter SC to be considered. No relocation Benefits are provided.
• Computer literate.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbents must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting are inherent to this position.
• Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
• Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, packaging, receiving, shipping, and inventory control
• Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems.
• Computer skills include Excel, Word, DMM, AS400, Mapics, Vista & Outlook.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.