with corporate financial policies and GAAP. This individual is responsible for administrative process improvements within the site and division, creates and implements procedures to improve the internal control environment, streamlined efforts and provide increased transparency of financial results. The position also provides financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on assets. Partnering with business in multiple localization projects for cost optimization, incremental revenue, and ROI
• Driving the end-to-end Plant P&L with responsibilities entailing Product Costing, Flex/Cost Productivity & enabling business decisions; spearheading the entire profit planning and forecasting,
• Leading the improvement in continuous improvement culture within finance function
• Playing a pivotal role in the in Transfer Pricing reviews
• Advise and counsel plant manager on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions.
• Inventory and cost control (warranty & E&O) measures
• Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
• Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
• Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements.
• Own account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting. Ensure adequate training and oversight is provided to all finance personnel to ensure account reconciliations meet Eaton's requirements.
• Provide leadership and support for the Balance Sheet Review process.
• Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and corporate management approval.
• Manage the deployment of cost saving and other programs to provide operating economies and improve profitability. Monitor and provide opportunities to support continuous improvement of Plant Productivity / Gross Utilization.
• Provide leadership to ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
• Lead ad hoc projects as required
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field from an accredited .
Minimum of 7 years Finance function experience in a large company required.
Must be eligible to work in the https://U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this role. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Williamsburg, VA will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution
Experience in cost accounting, financial planning, and forecast
Solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Experience with internal and external Audits
Must have advance verbal and written communication skills in English-Spanish required.
Ability to think strategically
Ability to work independently and with a team; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many levels organization levels and function
Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.