Eaton's ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div division is currently seeking a Press Brake Operator- 2nd Shift on 2nd shift.
2nd shift hours: 3:30pm -12:00am Monday - Friday
The hourly rate for this position is $https://17.85 per hour, plus $1/hour increase for 2nd shift differential.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you'll do:
The main role of the Press Brake Operator is to fabricate and/or modify copper or aluminum bus and modify or add cutouts to doors and covers. Work with and maintain the area schedule, making modifications if necessary, to maintain a constant and orderly flow of work.
In this function you will:
• Work from oral and/or written instructions coming from supervisors and/or prints, sketches and manufacturing information sheets.
• Utilize manufacturing information sheets, determine necessary parts, write requisitions and work with Kan Ban attendant to obtain materials from stock areas.
• Operate fabricating equipment such as FMS, press brake, shear, punch, bender, and nibbler to make or modify all types of bus connectors, risers, taps, and mains
• Fabricate and/or modify and assemble braces, spacers, barriers, and supports for copper or aluminum as required.
• Utilize electric trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, ergo lifts and cranes to move material and product as required
• Assemble, tape, or sleeve if required or necessary.
• Set up and operate nibbler/punch press to modify or add cutouts and holes to doors, covers, etc.
• Use hand tools to deburr and finish pieces as required.
• Experience using precision measuring equipment https://e.g calipers, micrometers, and protractors
• Must have at least one (1) year experience with operating a Press Brake machine
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Fayetteville, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Experience with reading blueprints
• Must be able to understand and read blueprints.
• Have sufficient knowledge of the operation of machines required to fabricate metal parts with an ability to make sketches of bus bar assemblies as needed from the actual assemblies on the floor.
• Ability to interface with personal work station computer to pull blue prints, review job orders in DMM system, comp in/out completed orders in DMM
• Ability to work and operate multiple workstations in workflow cell, https://e.g. include but not limited to: FMS/FINN, Press brake and spot welders to meet expected takt time or daily demand rate of work cell
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.