What you'll do:
• Complete Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
• Lead and/or provide technical advice and counsel to HPWT assigned to continuous improvement and problem solving.
• Develop pFMEAs and Control Plans per AIAG standard.
• Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
• Lead corrective action process using 8D, 5 Why, A3, and lean tools.
• Act as an organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed.
• Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
• Perform MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
• Communicate quality issues to front line leaders and factory personnel and lead root cause and permanent corrective action documentation.
• Direct the disposition and analysis of returned material and internal non-conforming product. Ensure that actions around top pareto items are identified and completed.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience OR a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution with a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be https://U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a https://U.S. person as a https://U.S. Citizen, https://U.S. Permanent Resident (https://i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, MI will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Aerospace experience.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA).
• Quality Systems knowledge (https://e.g., AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, TS16949).
• Position requires interaction with customers, customer representatives, auditors, regulatory agencies and all internal departments/functions/levels.
• Limited travel may be required (< 10%).
• Ability to read and understand Blueprints, specifications, and requirements.
• Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team and customers.
• Useable skills with MS Office.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.