What you'll do:
This position will be based in Sales and Marketing center in Pune. The position will be individual contributor & part of business analytics team in Pune, India. The position will require working in a cross functional team to define and manage data in a sustainable way. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting divisional strategy in developing and executing a unified collection of tools, dashboards and analytics to deliver better data-driven insights into business operations. Key objective to be met by the execution of this strategy is to have a single source for truth for data enabling faster, accurate decision-making, reporting of key metrices and deploying advance analytics methods and techniques to provide insights and recommendation for actions.
List the essential functions (https://i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) that must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data. Help to make smarter decisions to business by delivering a single source for truth for data. Primary focus would be in applying advance analytics methods and techniques to provide insights and actionable recommendations.
• Lead analytical projects from conceptualization to execution and partner with the business in the implementation of the analysis for driving incremental sales and profits.
• Design & build platforms and programs to collect, store, analyze and visualize data from various sources for specific projects
• Responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more insightful to the users
• Strong business acumen- ability to understand business processes & user requirements to plan where data fits into the business model to build a data ecosystem to serve the business needs
• Provide ongoing analytical support to various functions with the systematic use of both historical and predictive data to make informed decisions.
• Identify and discover opportunities for utilizing advanced analytics methods and support in developing the competencies in the analytical team problem identification and problem-solving using advanced analytics/ statistics
• Provide guidance on data management, data governance & data visualization-related principles within the group
• Develop conceptual data models to improve processes, reduce risk and add strategic value to the business
• Minimum Graduate in Mathematics, Business, Economics.
• 5-7 years of experience - manufacturing industry exposure preferred.
• Microsoft Power BI experience mandatory
• SQL query language mandatory
• Data Engineering basic - (Extracting (relevant data), transforming (cleaning data), and loading (calculating & integrating) data from multiple sources to a single repository.) - Preferred
• Using data and managing from RDBMS/ databases. Metadata, Taxonomies
• Strong analytical skills- prior experience of working on big data analytics projects - Mandatory
• Prior experience of establishing a well-managed enterprise environment in MS Azure- Preferred
• Analytical modeling experience - Mandatory
• Strong business acumen (of whichever industry the candidate belongs)
• Ability to multi-task and be proactive & independent in a dynamic environment.
• Highly motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strategic and Critical approach towards solving problems and decision making
• Results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results
• Excellent communication skills - storytelling, concept pitching.
Problem solving and decision making capability
Good communication skills
Get result through self and others