• Understand product portfolio, business landscape and provide cost out proposals through tear down of products
• Take technical ownership of engineer to order requirements. Ensure product compliance to global design standards like IEEE, IEC or any other compliance standard.
• Complete system / component sizing, designing, simulation and testing activities to meet product requirements
• Bring a value addition to end customer by modify existing products through Change Management process
• Will be responsible for execution of the engineer to order projects and take lead in activities like converting customer requirements into design parameters, designing core/coil as per requirements, complete design ( 2D dwg & 3D model) in Inventor & Creo,
• Find out opportunities to automate engineer to order process and reinforce lean methodology
• Completes tear downs, generate ideas, perform system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet product design and compliance requirements
• Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
• Find out opportunities for continuous improvement and make VAVE proposals to business
• Knowledge of standards in accordance with IEC/IEEE codes which will allow development of test plans.
• Utilize knowledge of electrical performance requirements, physics and provide engineering judgement on the impact on the product from cost, testing and certification perspectives.
• Experience in witnessing tests like Temperature rise, Fault current, High voltage, Impact, Vibration, mechanical/ electrical endurance per standards thereby estimating impact on product performance from VAVE standpoint
• Create test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation.
• Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
• Support Creation of new designs and advanced methodologies to support the Technical Roadmap of the organization
• Review Supplier Document Requirements List based on product requirements, customer specifications or industry standards like IEC, IEEE etc.
• Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control product roadmap
• Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
• Identify, communicate risks as they arise during development and work on right mitigation plan
• Participate in multidiscipline concurrent development and corrective action teams
• Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications"
Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering in Mechanical
"• 6 to 9 yrs experience in NPD/VAVE, product design
• Strong experience on medium voltage distribution products preferably Swtichgears/ transformers
• Experience leading program/ project through all stages of the product development cycle
• Team player, working with global teams, working in Virtual environment
• Hands on experience in product development leveraging DfX methodology
• Engineering technical expertise to solve problems and make design recommendations
• Good in analytical skills
• Proficient in Inventor and 3D modelling
• Should be able to generate novel concepts/ideas for the improvement for systems/ sub-systems
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating/completing complex projects on-time
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables
• Mechanical Engg, product design, Proficient in Inventor and 3D modelling, Enovia, SAP, Strongs skills on MV Products,Six sigma
• IEEE,IEC std.Experience in working on NPI/ VAVE projects ,Critical design thinking ,Knowledge in Agile ProLaunch and PreLaunch processes
• Sound technical knowledge in electromechanical products like Medium Voltage Switchgear, Circuit breakers, protection equipment etc.
• Strong mechanical technical knowledge on materials, Structural, Thermal calculations and physical testing
• Understanding of relevant industry standards and how they apply to the product
• Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders"
"• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-directed and able to report progress and metrics in a recurrent basis"