cross functional teams in problem solving and issue analysis in an effort to address either Scrap, customer or production related issues.
• Responsible for supporting production manufacturing with problem solving, process improvements and resolution to manufacturability issues. Provide support and guidance to quality technicians and inspectors.
• Directly supports ISO 9001 quality system and supports the implementation and management of the site quality system and procedures (EQMS).
• Leader of the EASE (Layered Process Audit) and MRB (Material Review Board) Process
• Responsible to identify gaps at the plant level and execute improvement activity. Execute or facilitate all aspects of APQP and Part Approval and sign-off for both suppliers and customers, manage revisions of process control documents such as PpFMEAs, Control Plans and other quality tools to ensure compliance.
• Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective Actions and to ensure that root causes have been properly identified and eliminated.
• Develop strategic plans based on ststistical data and results to improve department Quality performance
• Reviews supplier PPAP submissions including control plans and assists with control plan creation where necessary. Ensures all appropriate Special Characteristics are included, that reaction plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where necessary.
• Works with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts and communicated to suppliers.
• Works in partnership with engineering to support all development projects and milestones related to Quality and improve the overall process to achieve zero defect quality and launch readiness.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
Two (2) years of experience in Quality
Two (2) years of experience in the manufacturing industry
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates that reside outside a 50-mile radius of South Milwaukee, WI.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
ISO9001 or TS16949 Experience
Six Sigma Black/Green Belt certification
Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or justifiable equivalent
Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or justifiable equivalent
Ability to be the voice and advocate of the quality management strategy within the plant organization.
The successful candidate must have the flexibility to work hours as needed to support customer needs including non-standard hours, weekends, and other items as appropriate as they arise.
Good understanding of lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value
Proven ability to solve problems utilizing common problem solving methodologies/tools such as PDCA, DMAIC, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, is/is not tables, pareto charts, control charts, etc.
Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects
Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
Proven ability to query and manipulate data using MS Excel, MS Access, Minitab, and/or other programs and transform the data into information
Proven ability to write technical documents such as procedures and specifications
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.