Eaton's AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Tester II - 2nd Shift.
The hourly rate for this position is $23 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you'll do:
Performing bench testing of a diversified line of parts, subassemblies and completed units following established procedures.
• Bench work requiring use of simple limit direct reading gauges and meters
• Build / fabricate own setup operations on less complicated test systems
• Connects products to be tested to test equipment, monitors gauges and meters, verifies and records results
• Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
• Complete and maintain proper reports and check lists
• Work under general supervision and refer problems and questionable work to Lead Tester and/or
• Production Test Supervisor
• Perform Lean Initiatives including Continuous Improvement
• Read and interpret blueprints & schematics
• May be required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload dictates
• Once fully trained must work with 95% efficiency to standard on all completed jobs
• Other related duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Requires the ability to read, write and speak fluent English
• Minimum of three (3) years' work experience in Fuel, Hydraulic and/or Pneumatic Testing
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work a 2nd/Split Shift Schedule, overtime and/or weekends when needed
• Knowledge of simple math including the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers
• Ability to use direct reading and fixed gauges
• Able to read blueprints and schematics
• Detailed Oriented
• Works Independently
• Continuous Improvement
• Follow Safety Practices & Procedures
• Previous work experience in either the Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Airline Maintenance industries
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.