What you will be doing:
- Collect business-to-business accounts in an effort to reduce Accounts Receivable and minimize bad debt exposure.
- Contact customers, via email and phone, to secure outstanding balances.
- Perform account reconciliations, as needed, to resolve any account discrepancies.
- Resolve Unapplied and Unidentified Cash Payments to ensure proper posting to the customer account.
- Work with customers that have delinquent balances to negotiate payment plans.
- Process customer credit card payments. Address any credit card declines with the customer.
- Respond to customer inquiries within a 24 - 48-hour time period.
- Confer with management to determine if additional actions are required for delinquent accounts.
What you bring along:
High level of enthusiasm and pride in your work, you have a strong ability to learn, and you see change and challenges as opportunities to make things better. You have experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment and you are no stranger to building and optimizing the processes necessary to keep us growing without stumbling.
If that's you, hopefully, you also have:
- Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 2+ years of professional experience in A/R & Collections
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, robust analytical skills, and multitasking capabilities
- Strong customer service and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to work independently, prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Accustomed to working with multiple stakeholders to resolve issues, ability to interact with senior leadership and internal partners
- Proficiency in MS Office, G-Suite applications, advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and vlookups
- Flexibility to scale to different opportunities as they arise within the department to broaden your overall skills
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Experience in SAAS/software industry
- Experience with foreign currency and multiple international subsidiaries EMEA, APAC, NA
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and G Suite
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Japanese / any additional European language
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email candidate_accessibility@https://elastic.co We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.