Why you should apply for a job with Elsevier:
- 70%of reviewers say the CEO supports gender diversity.
The Research Products division at Elsevier is looking for a Digital Product Analystto join us in either Amsterdam or London.
Who we are
Elsevier helps researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. We do this by facilitating insights and critical decision-making for customers across the global research and health ecosystems.
From Elsevier's Technology function, the Research Products team collaborates across the business to drive impact. Applying customer centricity, product and data best practices, and a passion for we deliver world class customer solutions.
What we do
Within Research Products, the role of the Product Analytics team is to transform the multitude of data into actionable insights and AB testing opportunities that can be used to build better digital products. Like us, you thrive in a complex data environment. We like getting our hands into the data, focusing on insights which drive actions and product improvements. We extract data and make sense of it using SQL, Python/R, Tableau/Adobe Analytics and quantitative techniques (such as regression, or statistical testing).
As a Digital Product Analyst you'll be working on the following problems on a daily basis and drive business decisions with your insights:
1) Define the right metrics
- Use your deep knowledge of user behavior to define performance metrics with your stakeholders that align with user success and satisfaction. Then make sure tagging and tracking is in place to measure those KPIs.
- For new features apply your customer centricity and business knowledge to identify and define the key metrics to evaluate product success.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define product OKRs to ensure we are focusing our efforts effectively.
2) Measure performance
- Set up dashboards and reports to track performance. Build models to understand product performance and user behavior - ultimately quantifying and communicating these insights through product metrics.
- Create product/user funnels to understand and represent user behaviour and engagement with our products. Uncovering opportunities for new features, and collaborating with the Product Manager to define, prototype (& evaluate experiment results) and scale features & solutions.
3) Identify and test opportunities for improvements
- Grounded in deep analysis of our datasets, generate hypotheses and validate them through online experimentation and AB testing. Then deliver these together with product managers, designers and engineers.
4) Support strategic decisions and roadmaps
- Innovate and discover new insights by diving deeply into the data, combining various sources (including database and web-analytics data sources) from across the business, to support decisions and resolve strategic questions.
- Planning and prioritization with Product Managers. Helping them to understand which features could be built, quantify the user and business impact, and communicate these recommendations to senior leadership.
5) Advocate Data-driven culture
- Communicate insights and information effectively and engagingly, through presentations, reporting and dashboards to all levels of the organization.
- Advocate for a data-driven culture and help your stakeholders in how to interpret results. Empowering and enabling stakeholders across the business to make embrace the power of data and drive data informed decision making.
What you should bring
Growth Mindset. The right mix of passion, humility, positivity and desire to grow.
Experience. Experience as an analyst, supporting stakeholders by analyzing user behavior and product feature performance.
- Preferred: Experience in digital product optimization, A/B testing, incl. web-analytics tools and techniques. Demonstrable experience in data analysis and insight generation with business impact, incl. building predictive models. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
Technical skills. Proficiency with SQL and strong understanding of data fundamentals. (i.e., how data can be combined and leveraged to solve problems). Strong Excel (formulas, graphing, pivot tables, linking) and PowerPoint skills.
- Preferred: Proficiency with scripting (e.g., Python, R), the ability to analyze and combine large data sets in cloud data warehouse services such as Amazon Redshift (or other Postgres DB) and analytics platforms such as Databricks (Apache-Spark).
Communication & Stakeholder management. Strong communicator and fluent in English (speaking and writing). Ability to communicate the findings and recommendations of analysis in a clear and effective manner at all levels, incl. experience with visual reporting and dashboarding tools (e.g., Tableau). Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across the wider business.
- Preferred: Experience working cross culture and department, the ability to collaborate with stakeholders with different perspectives and priorities than yours.
Education. Bachelor/Master-level degree with quantitative focus (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Economics with a strong analytical/statistical foundation)
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Elsevier's benefits are also very competitive.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Need convincing? Let's review Elsevier's best features:
- 70%of reviewers say the CEO supports gender diversity.